Verifying aka testing performance involves:
- Verifying map quality – check mapping analytics in app.indooratlas.com
- Mapping quality i.e. that floor plan is accurate, way points are accurately placed, MapCreator is used well etc.
- Environment quality i.e. that the radio environment and the geomagnetic landscape are information rich enough for good positioning accuracy.
- Verifying live positioning performance – test with MapCreator in the venue
- Depends on map quality (above)
- Depends network connectivity in the environment – can IndoorAtlas cloud be reached without major interruptions
- Depends on device type – does it have all required sensors
- Depends on calibration quality – was the device moved enough that magnetic calibration is accurate
The following sections describe the above items in more detail and shed some light onto how to fix those issues.