Version 2.9.2 - January 11, 2019
- Bug fix to issue where region entered event was sometimes missing after start-stop-start positioning sequence
Version 2.9.1 - December 2018
- Debug data upload bug fix.
Version 2.9.0 - December 2018
- General Availability release of SDK version 2.9.0
- Includes bug fixes for 2.9.0-beta release.
Version 2.9.0-beta - October 2018
- Floor plan changes can now happen offline
- API is forward compatible with, 3.0, the first full-offline SDK
- Full venue meta data is available through the SDK
- Floor plan meta data does not need to be fetched asynchronously, but is already available in the relevant region events
- New and better APIs for controlling indoor-outdoor detection and floor levels
- General performance improvements while offline
Version 2.8.4 - October 2018
Version 2.8.3 - September 2018
- Fixed a bug related to position estimate’s timestamp reporting
Version 2.8.1 - June 2018
- General Availability release of SDK version 2.8
- Minor stability fixes
Version 2.8.0-beta - May 2018
- Improved positioning performance during network breaks.
Version 2.7.2 - March 2018
- Connection stability improvements
Version 2.7.1 - March 2018
- Added support for IndoorAtlas Wayfinding
- Fixes in explicit locations
Version 2.6.0 - November 2017
- Battery-friendly indoor-outdoor detection
- Improved robustness to bad network conditions
Version 2.5.3 - October 2017
- Battery life optimizations
Version 2.5.2 - August 2017
- Fixed plist information in the dynamic framework, preventing App Store submission
- If you manually integrate the SDK into your Xcode project, append the included script
xcode/strip-invalid-architectures.sh from the SDK package into your Xcode project as the last build phase. Mark this build phase to be ran only during install
Version 2.5.1 - August 2017
- Fixed bug that caused crash on devices with OS lower than iOS10 when using low-power mode
- Changed some ‘nullable’ attributes to ‘nonnull’ in public headers
Version 2.5.0-beta - June 2017
- Added low-power position mode
- Added geofence feature
- Changed CoreLocation accuracy to kCLLocationAccuracyBest
Version 2.4.2 - May 2017
- Added human readable name to IARegion
- Supports iOS 8.0 and greater
Version 2.4.1 - April 2017
- Includes all features of 2.4.0-alpha
- Improved device movement detection
- Added gyro calibration. Improves location accuracy with devices that have gyro bias
- Reduced SDK size by disabling unused logging code
Version 2.4.0-alpha - March 2017
- Added 3D orientation (attitude) API which uses location information to reliably give orientation related to true north.
Currently orientation has some jumpiness, but this will be improved on server side.
- Panorama example for 3D orientation
- Minor bug fixes
Version 2.3.1 - February 2017
- Includes all features of 2.3.0-alpha
- Changed name of floorCertainty in 2.3.0-alpha to IAFloor property certainty
- NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription application plist key support added
Add that key to your plist to receive platform location updates.
NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription permission still works also, but In Usage description
offers the same positioning performance and is less intrusive
- Added extraInfo dictionary to IALocationManager which will be used to deliver
positioning related information. Currently it contains Trace ID which can accessed
with key defined in kIATraceId. Trace ID is used to identify a point in time during the SDK lifecycle
- Fixed changing API key on run time
- Setting floorplan initializes positioning session to the given floor. Floor (plan) may change during positioning.
With SDK v2.2.x floor plan setting was permanent.
- Setting your location with Venue ID (also called Location ID on website) has no effect.
Setting Venue ID is not yet supported on server.
- If bluetooth is turned off, an alert: “Turn On Bluetooth to Allow to Connect to accessories.”
will be shown. It is possible to suppress this alert by setting app plist key IANoCoreBluetoothPowerAlert
If you suppress the pop up, remember to instruct users to turn on bluetooth for better positioning performance.
Version 2.3.0-alpha - December 2016
- Supports next generation positioning algorithm
- Supports BLE beacons in positioning for faster first fix and increased accuracy
- New IALocation property floorCertainty exposes vertical certainty in multi-level buildings
- Event for entering/exiting a venue is triggered as didEnterRegion / didExitRegion
- Event for entering/exiting a floor plan is now triggered much more precisely
- HTTP proxy support. Proxy settings will be picked up from iOS settings.
To use proxy with basic authentication, following keys must be set in application’s
plist ‘IAProxyUsername’ and ‘IAProxyPassword’. SDK can’t read authentication information from iOS settings.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Known issues: The accuracy of enter/exit venue event is currently being improved on the server side
Note: Add CoreBluetooth.framework to you project
Version 2.2.3 - October 2016
- Reduced SDK library size
- Less sensitive for false-positive movement when standing still
- Setting same API key again does not anymore reset IALocationManager
- SDK robustness improvements and bug fixes
Version 2.2.1 - August 2016
- Improved SDK robustness in bad networking conditions.
- Fixed “Positioning setup required” error when location updates is stopped and immediately restarted.
Setting explicit location causes the next outputted location to always be same as set explicit location, even if
explicit location has large horizontal accuracy value.
Setting API key and API secret is required only when IALocationManager shared instance is used first time.
Setting API key and API secret again resets IALocationManager internally,
so it is adviced not to set API key and secret during positioning session.
Version 2.2.0-beta - June 2016
- Early Access Beta release
- Added distance filter. Default value for distance filter is 0.7 meters, but also shorter distances are supported
- SDK delivers location estimates even when network is temporary lost. See more from developer guide.
- Improved client-side algorithms
- Does calibration when IALocationManager instance is created and when application comes to foreground
Version 2.1.3 - May 2016
- Fixed a bug in setting explicit location with CLLocation which
caused ‘unrecognized selector sent to instance’ error in iOS 7.x
- Removed beta label
Version 2.1.1-beta - April 2016
- Status indicator is reset between positioning sessions
- Updated communication library
Location updates does not always recover from high network packet loss situation.
Calling stopUpdatingLocation and startUpdatingLocation is required to recover.
Version 2.1.0-alpha - March 2016
- Improved client-side algorithms
- API supports setting venue (building with multiple floors) id and floor level. Server side support still experimental.
- Changed IALocationManager into singleton. Only one instance is shared in application
- Added calibration quality indicator in to API
- Supports iOS 7.0 and greater
- SDK examples use MKOverlayRenderer instead of deprecated MKOverlayView.
- IAFloorPlan is serializable with NSCoding
- Saves power when device is static
Version 2.0.2-beta - December 2015
- Improved connected WiFi Access point recognition
- Increased timeout for floor plan meta data fetching from 5 seconds to 30 seconds
- Faster method for floor plan image fetching in resource manager: fetchFloorPlanImageWithUrl
- Platform location improvements
- Added possibility to disable IA SDK platform location reading with application plist key “IAPlatformLocationDisable”
Version 2.0.1-beta - November 2015
- Added modules support to framework
- CocoaPods distribution
Version 2.0.0-beta - November 2015
- Initial v2.x release
- Support for automatic floor plan detection, improved API, multiple floor spanning positioning, and other features.